Tuesday, September 18, 2012

09-18-12 Sketch Thirty Three

I remember you as a young girl
so so sweet and full of dreams
sitting with your sketch book
writing poems and drawing pictures
on a sunny day in Kissena Park

I remember you as a young woman
piecing together colorful collages
from scraps of torn up magazines
fabricating incredible landscapes
so full of ambition and inspiration

I remember you as a hot designer
setting the media world on fire
with your bold new fresh ideas
and an eye for perfect composition
in your office on Thirty Fourth Street

Now I see you as a beautiful mother
taking care of our newborn baby
sitting in your little nest of blankets
nursing our infant in the middle of the night
and rocking him to a peaceful sleep

I've watched you create so many
stunning works of visual art
as the years have passed us by
but now it's clear for me to see
that our child is your greatest masterpiece





No comments:

Post a Comment