Tuesday, February 21, 2012

02-21-12 I'm Going To Have A Son

I found out this morning
that my wife has a little baby boy
rolling around inside her belly

And with tears in my eyes
I thought about our grandparents
and how they'd be so proud

I thought about the good times we'll have
tossing a ball back and forth
when we go to the park

I thought about the talks we'll have
like the talks I had with my dad
father and son man to man

I thought about the moments we'll share
when we finally watch Star Wars together
and when I take him to his first concert

I thought about the lessons we'll learn
as we travel together down the road of life
finding our way through the darkness and light

Most importantly I thought about my son
and how blessed I am to be expecting him
the greatest gift I've ever been given





    

No comments:

Post a Comment