Thursday, April 12, 2012

04-12-12 The Queen Of Jackson Heights

Nana had the style
blonde wig with blue green eyeshadow
decorated in lavish costume jewelry
with a leopard print fake fur coat
a purple scarf with a rhinestone butterfly pin
and glittery yellow nail polish

Nana used to take me out
on long walks down Junction Boulevard
we'd stop in every thrift shop
where we'd be greeted with a smile
by every shopkeeper on the block
and Nana was so proud to show off her grandson
but she always introduced me as her boyfriend

Now Nana is up in Heaven
singing her heart out where she belongs
next to Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday
and there's one thing that I know for sure
my Nana is up there watching over me
and giving all the angels a run for their money






      

No comments:

Post a Comment